Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tying up Loose Ends

I did several small things yesterday.  I finally sewed the cording around Eleonora's Box scissors case.

Then I finished off the Comfort and Joy ornament - now that the Christmas tree is put away for another year.
I still need to adjust the scallops on the felt back and add loop for hanging.
I put in the gold specialty stitch in the border of  Eleonora's Box top.  Then I ironed it and put on interfacing.
I think it looks good.
Unfortunately, one has to work out dimensions of the box on one's own based on the size of the stitched pieces.  I wish I could cut the mat board and mount this on it but I have to wait to check the sizes of the other pieces.  I haven't sewn on the cameo yet.
This is the new thing I've been working on.  My Putz house.
I put gesso on all the pieces.

Then I painted them.  The color was darker than I wanted so I painted a top coat of white.  I still have to paint the other sides.
It will be a lot of fun when I can start putting it together.  Hopefully the glitter will hide any painting imperfections.
A

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy yesterday. I can't wait to see the finished Putz house... Everything looks good.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ornament and the scissor case are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotten a lot done.
    The Putz House looks like it will be a cute project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornament and scissors case are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete