I finished the Vierlande Winders' Keeper! At last! It took me three months and was a major project. I am very proud to have finished it. All the little mistakes along the way are not noticeable now.
I am happy that I can show the designer what I have accomplished with her great directions. I really like the pinball and the balls on the ends of the drawstrings.
I tried fooling with the winders trying to figure out a way to make them more stable. I have some scrapbooking stick'em things that I cut into very small pieces and put on the tips so the winder wouldn't fall apart. It feels much better but I have to make sure the double stick tape doesn't show. But I still have 7 more to make.
Don't tell anybody, but I'd kind of like to stitch the Friesland version too. Just not right now. But I bet it would be way easier now that I have done it once.
There are 2970 stitches in this half of the chart. I am down to only about 35 let to do. That's a lot of stitches.