Well, I got brave enough to set up the edging scheme for the Vierlande Winders' Keeper. I decided on doing it in sewing room as the set-up won't get in anyone's way. DH doesn't venture in there if he can help it. After much cursing I got the threads all lined up. It is hard on the back to bend over and go back and forth switching threads. There is a knot in one of the threads and I tried to take it out but I just made it worse. Since I don't have any extra thread my choices were to go with the knotted thread or wait until I see Amy Mitten at class May 20th or try to order some from her which also means waiting. Well, I didn't want to wait. I've only done about an inch but I can see a pattern emerging. I should have done a practice piece with pearl cotton but I have been going over the steps in my head since I read the instructions. I wonder if I would ever do this again. It is a lot of work to set this whole thing up. It is much easier to do twisted cording. Which reminds me that I want to try doing twisted cording on this new tool.
I got a couple of things done yesterday. The basting is all done for the Amy Mitten class in May.
The Purple Thread needlebook is done. If I were going to do this again (never) I would put in some interfacing to make this less floppy. I like the button closure.
I stitched the scissors keep for the second class of the June retreat. Most of this project is done over one but I stitched the scissors keep over two. I like it anyway. I considered stitching another one and going over one. But I like how it turned out. It looks way better than the original design. It's kind of oriental looking.
I enjoyed adding to the bookmark. I really like this design.
Margaret is giving me a tour of her needlework in her home. Take a look at http://margaretmyblog.blogspot.com . Thanks Margaret!