Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Within Reach

My SBB order has been shipped!  The order only took 40 days!  Anyway, it could come in the mail today.  I better get busy and finish that Sugar Plum Fairy Stocking.  I worked hard on her yesterday.  I was a little bit afraid because I had to embroider her face.  The face is a make-it/break-it deal.  If it looks good everything is fine but if it looks bad, the stocking is ruined.  It turned out okay.  If I were to do it again, I would make her eyelashes with only one strand of floss.  I put a braid in her hair and I like it.  I left off the pearls that were supposed to be wound around the hair as I didn't think they were needed.  So she is close to being done.  If I worked on her all day, I could finish her.  
I have been making good progress on the finishing of Vierlande Winders' Keeper.  I lined the pocket and attached it to the main piece.  Now I have to line the main piece.  The time consuming part will be all the eyelets.  There are 24 of them.  I like how it is looking though, nice and neat.
I got the Newsletter yesterday about the Cabinet of Curiosities class.  There was an estimate of how much the casket is projected to cost.  I was shocked but not deterred.  I am very excited about this class.  I've always wanted to stitch a casket.  It begins in less than a month.  
A week from today I will be shopping at the Mall of America.
Cool.


A

No comments:

Post a Comment