I had a great deal of fun yesterday but not much to show for it. I finger looped braided two of the drawstrings for the Vierlande Winders' Keeper. The first one was pretty good but has just one bobble in it. The second one was going great until I dropped a loop and in trying to pick it up I dropped more loops and - disaster. I was almost at the end too! When you drop more than one loop, you have no idea how to get back. Which finger does the loop go on and where am I in the pattern? I already started over several times. But I am getting the idea and picking up speed doing this. I have to take the braid apart and try again. We only have enough thread in the kit for the four drawstrings so I just have to keep taking apart and trying again.
I wanted to try the bookmark pattern I downloaded. I wanted to see if I could tell what I was stitching. So I did a part that was very important - the face. I wasn't sure when I started if it was going to work out as the floss colors are so much brighter/darker that I expected. I thought it was going to look awful. But I kept going, knowing that in watercolor, the colors around a very bold color soften and change the look. I was glad I kept at it as it looks okay. So many orange colors in her face! DMC 815 in her hair! Ugh! But it looks better from a distance than right up close. It is always fascinating to see a picture develop.
I didn't get much else done as I didn't touch the Shepherd's Bush kit and the lid to the Vierlande needle book is still half on. I hope to get lots done this afternoon.