I feel like I am making a miniature soccer ball. I have twelve tiny pentagons and I am finger pressing the edges and lacing the backstitches together. First you attach five pentagons around the center pentagon. I looks like a flower. Then you make a second "flower" and then sew the two flowers together. I decided after the first flower that I would iron down the edges and see if it went together better. It did! I am now sewing the flowers together. It is the same process as when I made the pin ball. All those little pentagons were a real pain to stitch. But when it all comes together, it seems worth it. These balls that I am making will go on the ends of the drawstrings.
I reached my goal of getting one whole side done on edging the Vierlande Winders' Keeper. I am almost half way round. If I can finish a side a day then I'll be done in no time. I really like how it looks. Very nice and neat. I'm glad I learned how to do this.
I worked a bit (hours!) on the bookmark. Solid stitching takes a long time. I'm making good progress. Most of the girl is done.
I am working on the first of two pages of charts. So there is a bottom half to this. My goal today is to get to the left side.
I'm so lucky to have cross stitch as my work.