Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ready

I got the Putz house all put together.  Now for the embellishments.  I've been to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's looking for Snow-Tex, Quick Grip glue and superfine silver and crystal glitter.  I got them all so now I'm ready.




I worked a bit more on Anne Hathaway's Cottage needlebook.  There is one symbol that is not in the key (+) so I had to guess what it might be.  It is a dark color so that eliminates a lot of floss.  I discovered that I did the entire roof wrong.  I cross stitched it but it was supposed to be done in slanting gobelin.  Whatever.  I'm not changing it.  I think it looks fine.  It will be easy to fill in those little rectangles on the rest of the front..

I was able to get to the Y to walk.  I only got 2900 steps yesterday.  That's what I get when I don't make an effort to walk.
It is still very cold here, -2 this morning.  How far away is spring?   Answer:  Too far.
A

3 comments:

  1. the Putz house is darling. I would love to try and make one but I don't know what I would do with it after I finished. I don't even know what a slanting gobelin stitch is. Google here I come.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Putz house is adorable! (I love the blue color, that you painted it.)
    Your cross stitch cottage looks very nice!
    (I too, have no clue what a 'slanting gobelin stitch' is, but I think it looks great with cross stitches.)
    Sending warm wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The House turned out cute, can't wait to see what bling you add.
    The cottage looks fine.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete