Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Patterns

I got some more of the top of Eleonora's Box done.

 If I work diligently I can finish it today.  It's very easy.  But I'm feeling the itch to start something new.  I put just a few stitches in a kit I got for Christmas from Moss Creek.  The first thing you have to do is broad chain stitch around the design.  So I started that.  How exciting is this:

It would be fun to actually get to the stitching of the design.  It will be kind of challenging as it involves Schwalm work too.

 Then in the back of my mind is that sweet limited edition kit from Just Nan that I haven't even started.  It is calling to me from the Big Bag of Stuff I bought last year.


Mary Corbet is getting me into trouble again.  On her blog today she talked about some Benton & Johnson kits that use goldwork.  Of course I had to look at them.  I love crowns and all stuff English.

 I have no idea how big this is.  I ordered one.  What a sucker I am!  I'm still waiting for those scissors I ordered last August.
A




3 comments:

  1. That crown is gorgeous. So were the Christmas ornaments. I am going to have to google schwalm work as I have never heard of it. That's one of the things I love about your blog , I am always learning something. Have a good day.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a look at the Benton & Johnson site - I really like the Unicorn, but I don't think I am brave enough to give it a go! too am still waiting for the scissors I ordered, but a assured that they will arrive. Everything is hand made and there are only 4 employees in the company!

    ReplyDelete