Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kinks

I am so happy to tell you that I finished up Anne Hathaway's Needle Book.  I embroidered the needle page.  I liked the purple flowers on the model and I messed with putting in grass.  Then I decided I wanted a vine up one side with roses.  Things sort of took off from there and this is what I ended up with.

It is totally me.  Not perfect.  I kept cutting the needle page to get it even so it's a bit smaller than the model but hey, it's finished and it's mine.




I didn't think I would be able to finish it yesterday.  Right in the middle of cooking dinner, the electricity went out.  Someone had a medical emergency and hit a power pole a couple blocks from my house.  That knocked out the electricity at a most inconvenient time.  Half way through sloppy joes.  So, what to do?  Well, we went out to eat.  We took our time, thinking it would be a while before the electricity would be restored.  When we came back home and went into the house, it was filled with smoke.  What I didn't realize is that I left my electric stove on.  I forgot to turn it off when the electricity went out.  I could have burned down the house!  One pan had burnt to a crisp french fries in it.  The other pan I had emptied out and put my sloppy joe stuff in a bowl to cool off.  The empty pan had a melted spatula in it.  What a mess!  I think I ruined the pan as well as the spatula.
I was glad the electricity was back on so I could finish up the needle book.
Good news!  My Amy Mitten kits came yesterday!

 Now I can get started.  The fabric is very stiff so I think I will wash it to make stitching on it easier.
Thank goodness I didn't burn the house down.
A

6 comments:

  1. Your Anne needlebook is absolutely gorgeous! so creative - you do such inspiring projects. Oh my - that could have been so much worse than ruining a pan you are so very lucky. Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. your needlebook is stunning, I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Anne needlebook! It's so enchanting and beautiful. I think its enchanting because of the cottage and garden. So special.
    That was one close call - Thank goodness no fire!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous needlebook.
    Love the Embroidery.
    Glad you and your house are ok.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amy, I love how to stick to your projects and complete them. You are my role model. Good luck on the Amy Mitten project. You and are Terry are going to have fun on that one.

    ReplyDelete