Thursday, August 22, 2013

Scaredy Cat

I admit it.  I was scared to finish the Pocket of Posies project.  I was afraid I would mess it up.  But it was sitting there in a box for a few days and I just had to do another step or two and see how things went.  I tried sewing parts of the lining by hand but then I thought, it really is more secure and efficient to do it on the sewing machine.  So I did.  Then I thought, what else can I do on the sewing machine?  Well, the seam to the thimble holder.  Then I cut some more of the skirtex because I think I can finish the pin cushion without messing it up.  Then I tried whip stitching two of the corners together.

 But there aren't any instructions to sew the lining corners together.  Do you just leave them folded nicely and do they stay that way?  Maybe.

Anyway, that is where I am.  The Pocket of Posies is about half finished.  I'm still worried about the corners.  But we'll see how it goes.

I got some more done on Along the River James.  I didn't finish the River James as it had more parts than I realized.  I want to get some work done on the front door.  But I have to search the directions and see what they say.

I played with Romina's Box a bit.  I cut some Warm and Natural squares and piled them up and whipped them together for the filling.  But it needs a bit more.  I found some fabric in my stash to do the bottom (and lining) with.  So this part is close to being finished.  I also cut some linen for the other parts of the box.
I read that two of the pre-stitching kits will be sent off next week for the Attic classes.  Cool.  I plan on changing some of the design on The UnPlayed Piano.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment