Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Most Perfect Day

It is a lovely day here.  Especially compared to yesterday when we got tons of rain.  The sun is out and it is cool (so far).
I am so happy to have finished the Needleworker's Pocketbook.



It turned out well even though I wish my buttonhole stitch was nicer.  But, hey, you know that it is hand done and not machine done.  I guess there is a charm to the imperfections of hand stitching.

I didn't have any problem with the Antwerp stitch.  Either that or I am not doing it right.  It makes a nice hinge for the pocket.

I never did get any more stitches into the Mermaid's Treasure, maybe today.

I was very anxious to get just a bit of the bargello done on Pocket for Posies just to see how the wool thread worked out.  I think I counted nine plies in a strand.  Each ply is two twisted together.

The piece I got done  will be the little well that the thimble sits in.  Fun.  I have one more piece to backstitch.  I want to try out stitching one of the flowers today.

Each flower has about four parts to it (seed stitch, lazy daisy, straight stitch, french knot).  The colors seem very different that the photo.  Brighter, more candy-like.  This is going to be sweet when it is done.
A

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous purse!
    I know that if I like to see something interesting I've to visit your blog;-)
    I wish to have your skills.....
    I'm totally in love with your Pocket of posies is turning out...it's so sweet in wool and colors are just stunning.
    Happy stitching from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish!
    It's a gorgeous piece.
    Nice start on the new project also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete