Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Another Treat

I got another kit in the mail on Monday.  It is called "Along the River James, Williamsburg Bound"  by Lauren Sauer.  I've taken several classes from her and stitched many other things designed by her.  So I know what I am in for.  I loved the design when I saw pictures of it.  It was offered at Williamsburg last December.  I was hoping it would be offered at Celebrations but it wasn't so when I got the opportunity to take this class, I jumped on it.  This is the Cleveland class.  And I still don't know how (or if?) I'm going to get there.  This is what is in the kit:

Lots of threads.

A very bright piece of silk dupioni.

The inside has a bargello design.  

The outside has a house by a river.

It is a big project. 

I started the Pocket for Posies kit.  I am just stitching the outline of each of the parts.  I can't wait to start the actual design.  I need to take a close look at the wool thread and figure out what makes up one ply, and how many plies it has.  

I finished the Needleworker's Pocketbook!  Yeah!  I want to iron it before I show you the end product.  I have been sorely neglecting my Mermaid's Treasures.  I will try and put a few stitches into that today.
Why am I always afraid I'll run out of fun things to stitch when I have more that I can handle?
A

No comments:

Post a Comment