My goal for yesterday was to get the paper glued to the trinket box. I did it!
It was suggested that a ruler could help push the paper onto the under side of the box lid but I realized (too late!) that there was ink on the side of the ruler. So I have an ink smudge on the paper that is on the underside of the lid.
Unfortunately, I don't think this will be covered up with anything. Live and learn. I made a quick trip to Target this morning for clothespins. They will hold the stamped edge that will be glued around the top of the box like this.
The pieces are all cut and just need to be glued. There is a problem with the lining.
Evidently I missed getting glue on a couple of spots on the paper that the lining is glued to. They show up. Luckily I have enough silk to try again. I think this will be the hardest part, glueing the lining in the box. Now I just couldn't leave that top edge raw. So I folded it over and glued it.
I'm going to do that when I redo the lining too. Then there is the inside bottom piece. I'm going to fold over and glue those edges too. I am happy with how the linen glued to the paper.
I was worried about that. Would glue soak through? Would the linen adhere to the paper well enough? I've trimmed up the linen/paper and it looks good. I'm ready to glue it to the top of the lid. The bottom of the lid needs a piece of marbled paper glued on it. Things are going well.
I'm an idiot, chapter 27.
Things are not going well on the Along the River James. I miscounted. I really was trying to follow the directions even though I would have stitched this in a different way. I was stitching the border when I realized that I was ten stitches off when I backstitched this piece.
I really didn't want to have to take out everything I've done so I worked the border to see if it will actually fit on the linen. I am way too close to the edge but I think it will work out. I don't have the finishing instructions so I'm not sure. I've got my fingers crossed.
Back to gluing.