Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Monday, August 19, 2013

And Now for Something Entirely Different

I didn't glue the lining in the trinket box.  I didn't do any more finishing on the Pocket of Posies.  I decided to try out the Strawberries so Faire on the Buttons a Bounty linen.  I picked some floss from my Hand-Dyed Fibers stash.  I am happy with it.  I want to add at least one more color.  Maybe a little white flower with a gold/yellow center scattered around.  It just needs a little something.  I am so much happier with the strawberries as compared to the acorns.  No queen stitches - yeah!

Then I auditioned color of over dyed floss for Romina's Box.  I rejected two colors and went with a pink and green (Hand-Dyed Fibers) instead of the model's red.  The pin cushion is going pretty fast as it is small.

I also worked on Along the River James.  I am enjoying this.  I got to the house.  I found out that we were just to do the basting/ backstitching.  Hah!  If I had done just that I wouldn't know that I messed up the counting and was way off.  Still figuring out how to get to Cleveland for the class this Saturday.

The bathrooms are clean.  The sun is shining.  I'm ready to play.
A




No comments:

Post a Comment