Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pressure

I'm feeling pressure to get more done on my Mermaid's Treasures.  We got more new lessons yesterday and I'm not ready!  I still have a ton to do on the shell.  It goes so very slowly.  I worked on it yesterday but it gets to be very tedious.  Then when there is a mistake somewhere, well, I just want to scream.  Amy Mitten recommended putting in the white color and working around that.  So I tried it for a while.  But for me, putting in the black and working around that works out better for me.  So it doesn't look like I did much but this is a few hours of work.

I am tempted to try out the lesson on weaving the snail's shell.  You work it over a straw!

I had to tear myself away from working on Along the River James.  I just wanted to concentrate on it.  But I did get to the design.  It is challenging as the grass stitches are offset by one.

I'm thinking if I worked only on Pocket for Posies, I could have it done in a day or so.  It is really fun to see it develop.


I got a postcard in the mail saying our new Hobby Lobby is open.  I want to go check it out.  I love that we have one so close by.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment