Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Reading the Instructions

You know, it always helps to read the instructions.  I read about how to put the Quaker Bag together.  Now I know some things to be careful of.  Certain motifs should be stitched in the same color.  After all the stitching is done, the interfacing is put on.  I may be wild and crazy and put it on as I get each piece stitched.  I know the danger here is losing the piece once it is cut away.  Sometimes I like to live on the edge.

So here is Pocket One so far.

I found out in my reading that there are five pockets.

After I get Pocket One stitched, I'm going to put it together.  That will give me some motivation to keep going.  I am actually getting used to the over one stuff and it doesn't seem so bad.

And now for something totally different.  The Baby Quilt has been started!

I made every mistake known to man on this first piece.  I cut the wrong direction, I sewed the wrong side, I sewed the other wrong side, etc. So I thought I should try a second block and see if it went faster when I did it correctly.  It did!

I'm thinking I need about twelve blocks.  I am varying the fabric for the sails.  I'm wondering about switching the water and the sky fabrics.  I don't have very much of either one. Maybe I can get more on the internet.  I'll figure out about the sashing later.

I went walking at the Y.  Talking with another walker makes the times go way faster.
A

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is looking so beautiful and the picket going to be super sweet.
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great project.
    The quilt squares look good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete