Thursday, January 21, 2016

Finally

I worked on the scissors pocket.

I worked a little on Monica's apron.

I installed the music movement in my casket.  Yeah!  Finally!

I know, it doesn't look any different from when it was just sitting in there. DH drilled the holes for me and I screwed it in.  So what is the next step?  I cut a piece of plexiglass to go over and protect the music movement.  But the plexiglass was non-glare and it made the print in the bottom look blurry.  So I went to Hobby Lobby and got some clear plexiglass.  I have to cut it and edge it and put a small little handle on it so it is easy to lift up.  Then I bought a bit of wood to paint and stick in the corners to support the plexiglass.  When I get all that done, I'll show you.  At least it is some progress.
It is warmer today.  I think we are going out to eat tonight, fun.  Oh yeah. I found the few tacks I had.  So I mounted the Berry Bandit on stretcher bars.

 I still don't feel comfortable with the Evertite bars.  I think I need to tighten them a little more.  Barbara included information on how to use them which was very helpful.  We'll see how this all works out.
A

3 comments:

  1. The strawberries look great on the apron.
    What does the music box play?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking the apron! I can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apron so much..so sweet x

    ReplyDelete