Friday, October 17, 2014

Top

I've been working on the top of the French General box.  I ironed on some motifs.

I tried to copy the picture on the front of the pattern but I left off a couple of flowers.  I have to do blanket stitch around all of the motifs.  I started out using two strands of floss in a neutral color.

 That seemed a little thick.  So I tried one strand.

That was much better.  I still have a lot of blanket stitch to do but at least I've made some progress.  When I get the top done and attached, the box will be done.  Then there is the needlebook and the tape measure cover.  When I started the blanket stitch, it seemed like it would take forever to get this done.  So I have to keep myself going until I get some momentum.

I worked a bit more on Sew Darling.

I am enjoying this project.  I hope to have one of the flower motifs (there are two) all stitched today.  I want to add to the border and see if I like it.
The trees are really turning vivid colors.  Here is a tree in our yard:

How can it be Friday already?
A

4 comments:

  1. The French Box is really interesting. I can't wait to see the finished project.
    The Sew Darling is lovely/ The tree is beautiful. Is that an Oak? Where do you live that the trees are turning so early? I think I ask too many questions.
    Sorry.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking so pretty and the view is so lovely too..
    Yup I also can't believe it..that it's already Friday..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket stitching is so pretty Amy! I'm with you Friday already?
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one strand looks better.
    Great projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete