Saturday, October 11, 2014

And Now For Something Different

I gave into temptation and ordered some stuff from The French Needle.  I had been looking at several things on their site for a while.  I thought of asking Santa for some of them.  When I was trying to decide what to work on yesterday, I picked this one up.  Cynthia Zittel has one like this and I wanted one too.

It is a french kit.  It is a completed bag and you can stitch on the linen section.
It is a little tricky in that you have to work from the front so securing your stitches is difficult.  I'm not in the habit of using away knots but I'm starting "away" and trying to catch my thread.  So far, so good.



I saw a couple of things on Mary Corbet's site today.  She mentioned a lady working on "Home Sweet Home" and so I took a look at her progress.  That inspired me to maybe go back and work on one of the smalls.

I put in a few stitches on the pomegranate Casket Keepsake.  Slowly but surely, this will get done.

It was cold walking today. There was some sort of Halloween Run going on.  The Farmer's Market has it's last day next Saturday.  I thought it would be slim pickings today but I managed to spend all the money in my pocket.
A

4 comments:

  1. I find your blog so inspiring. You know so many sites that have such interesting stitching stuff The bag you are stitching is beautiful.

    Barbara In OKC

    ReplyDelete