Friday, October 10, 2014

Do I Need Another?

No, I do not need another pin cushion.  But that will not stop me.
I was very happy to finish stitching the latest Shepherd's Fold kit pin cushion.  I changed the linen and font for the words.


 I kept most everything else the same.  I changed the ribbon edging of the pin cushion.  First I ironed the ribbon, it was intentionally wrinkled.  Then I machine sewed a gathering line down the middle of it.  I measured the perimeter of my pin cushion.  It was about 16 inches.  So I gathered up the ribbon to 16 inches and tacked it to the edge with the beads using about eight beads per side.


I like how the edging turned out.  I wish the pin cushion was more delicate and smaller but I am happy to have completed it.  I wonder what the next kit will be?

What do I work on now?  My plan is to work on the Autumn Casket Keepsakes and the Fair Maiden's Work Bag.  Although I'd like to work on the Edinburgh Etui too.  But I am tempted to start another small thing.  I have the butterfly started and I'd like to make some progress on that too.  I'll have to see what I feel like.
A


3 comments:

  1. Aww I love all the pin cushions in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love everything about this complete set you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so interesting! I like your idea with the ribbon. I will do the same.
    Best Regards
    Anna

    ReplyDelete