Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'm an Idiot, Chapter 18

I finished up stitching the French Needle bag.  Yeah!

 I looked inside and noticed that the lining was not closed all the way.

Oh, my, I totally missed that you could get to the back of the linen - after I was all done!  DUH.  I should have checked before I even started.  Oh, well.  I'll check and see if any threads are hanging and need to be woven in before I whip the lining closed.  What an idiot I am!

I got some things done on the French General box.  I taped the box base together and covered it with Therm-o-lam.

This was when I found out that the pattern pieces didn't fit.  The Therm-o-lam was not long enough to go around the box.  So I cut a new one.  Then I realized that the fabric I had cut was also not long enough.  Luckily I had enough to cut another piece.  Then the tray didn't quite fit inside the box.  It needed another 3/4 inch to fit right.  Can you see a trend here?  So now I know that I need to check each piece before I cut it out.  I used some Heat'nBond on the back of some of the fabric and cut out the motifs that will be put on the top of the box and the front of the needlebook.

They look so cool.  I'm hoping that stitching through the fabric with the Heat'nBond will not be too difficult.
My goal today is to not be an idiot.  It will take a lot of work.
A

4 comments:

  1. The French Needle Bag is beautiful. When do you go to the Attic?

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your French bag is beautiful. Well at least you learned about the open back.
    Good luck with your French Box. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is so pretty
    Good luck with the box
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag turned out so pretty.
    That sounds just like something I would do. ;)
    Sorry you had so much trouble with the box.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete