I tried new floss colors for the pansy on Sew Darling. I'm happy with how it turned out.
A friend wanted to know what cardboard I used for the French General box. I went to Michael's and got a big sheet of mat board for about 6.99. For smaller projects, I use comic board. It is inexpensive and easy to work with. I still haven't hot glued the box together. But I plan to do that today.
The French General box ended up larger than I thought it would be.
I learned a few things along the way. The Therm-o-lam was a pretty thick padding. This is a photo of the Therm-o-lam:
Maybe a thinner padding would have been better. Whatever. Always check pattern pieces to see if they fit before you cut them out. (Voice of experience here) I have lots of the fabric left over.
I probably could make a quilt. I'd have to find just the right pattern though. I like the blue and white one that is on the French General site. Quilts take a lot of time so I'm not ready to do that now.
It rained today so I ended up going to the Y to walk and then I forgot my fitbit. I have a step counter on my nano so I used that instead. The weather is supposed to be splendid for the rest of the week.