Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Things From Stitchville

I was in search of several things at Stitchville.  One was a frame for this Prairie Schooler design.  We eat a lot of fish and I wanted to hang this somewhere in the house.  I found a nice frame that fits it well.  My goal today is to get this all put together.

Then I needed the threads for this design and also some black linen.  Black linen is not easy to find.  Both of these are called black but one looks blue in good light.  I know it is harder to stitch on dark linen.  Now I have all the stuff to start this.

I wanted to see if Stitchville had some silk pearl.  Of course they did.  I bought a couple of pretty colors.

I needed some wool for the back of the bird pin cushion.  They had the perfect color at Stitchville.  I also want to finish this today.

When we went to Eagle Creek, I found some fabric that would be good for finishing the Steampunk Sea Serpent into a bag.

I also got this fish embroidery pattern.  I had thought about getting it last time I was here and I still wanted it so I got it.  I guess I have a thing for fish.

On my trip I got to see my granddaughter Claire.  We went to Mall of America.

It was so fun to see her check out the American Girl dolls.  Santa may bring her one.  We rode on some rides.  We went to the Peeps Store.  We also had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.  I hadn't been to one before.  We had to wait a long time for our food.  So long that we didn't have enough time to see the Aquarium.  Maybe next time.
A

4 comments:

  1. So sweet and lovely stitches xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I've been reading through some of your older posts...I just want you to know that I completely enjoy you. You always give me a smile.
    Thank you!!!! I'm excited to see your Handmaiden bag progress. Its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash.
    Love the fabric for the Steampunk bag, it's perfect.
    Claire is too cute.
    Did she like her Frozen bag?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete