Thursday, October 16, 2014

Different Strokes

You know what they say, different strokes for different folks.  I like stuff that is different from what other people like.  I wanted to stitch Jackie's Sew Darling which is an exclusive from The Attic.  But when I got the kit, the color of the linen depressed me.  Really.  I just didn't like it.  I don't like overdyed as a rule anyway.  So I thought about whether I could live with it or not.  I decided "or not".  So I ordered some Edinburgh cream linen instead.  I don't have much 36 count linen on hand.

Then I saw a completed Sew Darling in The Attic's newsletter.  The person that stitched it changed the colors and I liked her changes.  Red, white and blue are not my colors.  I respond to colors and the colors of the flag just don't do anything for me.  They don't appear pretty or complimentary to me.  So I ordered some Gloriana threads that I thought were more my style.  I ordered both the linen and the Gloriana threads from Stitching Bits and Bobs on Sunday and I got them yesterday.  Wow, was that fast.  So I had to try them out.
I'm still not quite sure about that yellow.  It seems awfully bright.  But I know the colors around it will tone it down.  The border is more muted (Wood Pond) but I think it will be alright.  I'm not done with the border which is just long arm cross.  I'm going to add something to it.

The countdown has begun!  Three weeks from yesterday I go to The Attic.  Actually, BFF and I are going to The Attic via Salt Lake City.  Why, you ask.  Well so we can go the the Mecca of cross stitching: Shepherd's Bush in Ogden Utah.  I've been keeping an eye on blogs as Shepherd's Bush bi-annual retreat starts this week.  I'm finding out the places to see, shop and eat in Ogden.  Of course we have to go to Rensel Studio that does all the framing for Shepherd's Bush.  I've made a list and printed out maps.  It's exciting to plan such a trip.
A

3 comments:

  1. oh no!!! Going to Sheperd's Bush, Rensel's Studio and the Attic all in one trip. That would be a trip to die for. I can't believe I've been to Ogden several times and never gone to Sheperd's bush. I told my husband that next summer we are going to the Pacific NW and we will go through Ogden even though it is out of the way. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet stitching
    Have fun my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream linen is so pretty. I so look forward to hearing about your trip when you return:) love Annette

    ReplyDelete