Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Couching

I've been couching.   I picked up the Jenny Adin-Christie butterfly.

I wanted to see how much more I needed to do until I got to something interesting.  Stitching down felt isn't exciting.  I was happy to see that I only needed to stitch down four small circles.  So I did that.  Then the more exciting part came next.  Couching down pearl purl (or is it purl pearl?).  Anyway, I couched the outside edge of the wings and it is starting to take shape.

I am couching down the next gold thread.  After this is more couching of iridescent turquoise thread.  And then there is another row of couching after that.  I'm deep in couching mode.  Wouldn't it be great if I could get this finished before I leave on my trip?  I could wear it.  That's my goal.
A

5 comments: