Thursday, October 30, 2014

Roundels

I couched until I could couch no more.  I'm not the best at this embroidery.  I'm impatient, I'm sloppy.  It's not perfect.  But I soldier on.
So far:

I'm working on the round circles on the upper wings.  With any luck I'll get them done today.  I was surprised to see that some quilling is used in the roundel.  I've never done that before.  There is a little plastic tool.

I think my first one is a little big.  I'm trying to decide whether to take it off and try again.  Lazy A says leave it, artist A says fix it.  We'll see who wins.  The metal petals that go around the quilling will fit better if I redo it.

I want to start the Fair Maiden's Work Bag but I'm intimidated.  It seems like so much work and will take forever.  But how will I know unless I work on it a bit?  I also want to work on Betsy Morgan's Edinburgh Etui.  I have two kits coming in the mail.  One is another Jackie kit, Folio, from Needle in a Haystack.

 The Other is a Just Nan Exclusive from ABC Stitch Therapy.  You know I will be tempted to start those if and when they come in the mail.
A


3 comments: