Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Getting Things Finished

It always feels good to get something finished.  I worked hard to get the Bird pin cushion finished.  I wished for more old looking but small buttons to sew on the edge but this looks okay.  



I kind of wish I had stuffed it a little less.  But I am used to stuffing things firmly.  They look more uniform and smoother that way.

Then I got a little lazy.  I should have re-ironed this before I laced this and put it in the frame.  I'm going see if I can iron out the little fold bump in the middle.  If I can't then I'll take it apart and fix it.  It would drive me crazy to only think of that wrinkle every time I look at it.

I have one more finish but I'm saving that to show you tomorrow.

I had so much good food while in Minneapolis!  I'm having to behave myself now that I am back home.
We ate at Champs, Doolittle's, Rainforest Cafe, Porter Creek, and Vivo Kitchen. Yum.  Here is Porter Creek's salmon.  It was fabulous.

Son#1 and his bride.

It was a very nice wedding.  Claire is checking out the wedding cake table.
A

5 comments:

  1. Claire is beautiful. I think those American Girl Dolls are so pretty and would make a perfect Christmas present for her. What a nice wedding.
    Your finishes are great. I would never attempt to frame a stitched piece.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finish.
    The couple look very happy.
    Little Claire is too cute on her dress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my best wishes to the happy couple -- Jill and Scott look wonderful together and so happy. Claire is just so adorable too! -BFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my best wishes to the happy couple
    Beautiful finishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little pillow finish and personally, I like a firmly stuffed cushion as they do compact over time anyway, and I prefer smooth to a bumpy finish. I also love the little buttons attached, what a nice way to show off some special buttons. Was that part of the pattern?
    Claire looks adorable, so cute in her little dress :)

    ReplyDelete