Friday, March 1, 2013

Little Bits

I worked on the small over-one pieces to Rhapsody in Blue.

 So it doesn't look like I did much.  I am getting tired of the same motif.  I went looking for some new ones and thought some of the motifs from the Vierlande Winders Keeper were nice.  For the multi-color version, I might use different motifs.  I like the heart on the lower right.

I feel a cold coming on so I'm going to take it easy today.  Yeah, right, I take it easy every day!  The vacuum sweeper is making faces at me so I may have to take him walking around the house.
A

I wrote this yesterday but couldn't get my photos to load so I gave up.  I finished up all the stitching on Rhapsody in Blue so now I can put it away until the finishing part comes out.
I went digging in my stash and I found a sheet of skirtex so I can finish sewing together the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  One side is done and I am working on the other.  Soon!
Disaster struck yesterday afternoon when my Ottlite bulb burned out.  I use it so much, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.  I need my light so I went off to JoAnn's to get a new bulb.  I got very lucky as all the Ott stuff was 50% off.  The bulb is very expensive (34.99) so it was great to get it on sale.  I do notice some pulsing in the light.  I have considered getting a Blue Max light since reading about it on Mary Corbett's Needle 'n Thread blog.
I want to get back to working on the Spring Fling Friday night project.  I have had some other ideas for the front of the papier mache box.  I'm going to stitch the design we were given but I want to stitch an alternative as well.
Of course, there is the Vintage Strawberry class that I need to catch up on.  I want to finish my strawberries and fix my stems.  I got some advice from the teacher so I need to go back and work on a couple of things.

I got the new lesson in Cabinet of Curiosities.  I want to read it closely and look at all the pictures.  I thought we were going to get instructions on stitching the mini box but there wasn't anything about it in this lesson.  Rats.  Maybe next month.
It's March!  The Mermaid Treasures class starts at the end of this month.  Cool.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment