I worked on the finishing of the Rhapsody in Blue bag all day. I didn't get finished. Partly because I made mistakes, partly because I didn't understand the directions correctly. I am very happy to say the lid is done.
It has four layers. I had it half put together when I decided I didn't like my cording, it was too thick and didn't look like the photo. So I tried making the cording two more times using different amounts of thread to see if I could get a cording I could live with. Then I realized after I had the whole top of the lid sewn together that I forgot to put in the magnets! So back to square one.
I just need to do the bottom of the bag.
There is a niggling question in my head about when I put in the other magnets. I'll have to read the directions again to see if I can find that.
The designer talked about using Kevlar scissors to cut the mat board. I'll have to look those up. I love having all the right tools and I've never heard of those before.
The sun is shining now on the first day of spring. And the snow has stopped - although we are supposed to get another few inches.
I saw a sweet design on someone's blog and in a weak moment ordered the chart.
It will come via email. It is a spring design. Fun!