Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Getting There

I got the biggest piece of the Spring Fling Friday night project all done.  I like it.  I couldn't help but change it a bit here and there.  I opted to put long arm cross stitch around the edge instead of the nun's stitch.  I happen to hear from Jane and she asked what the edge was on my Button Lover's Brag Book.  It was long armed cross stitch on each edge whipped together.  I like how that looks.  In fact, long armed cross stitch is one of my favorite stitches.  I love how it looks braided.  So that's what I put around the edge.  I can't just cut the material off though, it will have to be folded to the back.

I put panes in the windows.   I changed the thread used for the heart - and forget those stupid smyrnas.  Also, my little bird is blue.  Like the bluebird of happiness.

Now I am working on the last piece for Spring Fling.  I think it goes inside the box and has our initials on it.  I though about putting my first name on it as it has three letters.  But I think I will go with the initials.
Hey, Spring Fling starts one month from today.  It will be lots of fun.

We enjoyed going out to eat last night and I have enough left over for dinner tonight.  I had a rootbeer float for dessert.  Yum.  Here are my flowers.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment