Sunday, March 3, 2013

This Lady is Painted

Hurrah!  I finished off Painted Lady Sewing Case - finally.  I made the twisted cording and ta dah!  Now to evaluate.  I don't like needlepoint half as much as I like cross stitch.  As I was working on this I was wondering how it could be translated to cross stitch.  If I had tons of time, I might try it.  I don't love the nun's stitch edge.  It doesn't look as nice and neat as something where you don't see the edges.  I don't love the twisted cording tie. I wanted something more clever.  Scissors fall out of the pockets easily.   Maybe adding some ribbon to tie them in would help.  The skirtex inside it gives just the right amount of rigidity to the case.  I put some skirtex in the spine of the case too.  I wasn't crazy about the directions but I managed to make it anyway.  I am proud of myself for getting it done.





I went back to working on the Spring Fling Friday night project. I am trying to follow the directions but I couldn't make those berries pink, I had to make them red.

I threw out the needle that came with the kit.  I hate short needles.  Designers must get them really cheap.  I have stitched enough that I can tell when a needle is too short for me.  The roof of the house is all done in smyrna stitches.  Sometimes specialty stitches are thrown in just for the heck of it, they aren't really needed.  They are kind of a pain.

Sorry,  I sound like I am just complaining about everything.  In reality, I am loving having so many neat things to stitch.
A

2 comments:

  1. Amy, Beautiful job!! You are amazing for all your work on the Painted Lady project.
    The Spring Fling project looks so cute too.
    Looking forward to see ALL your projects, they are just my kind of things too:)
    Hugs from
    Anette and Skruttan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend stitched the townhouse also. It is really an impressive piece. I think it turned out well. Can't wait to see your new one.

    ReplyDelete