I remade the strawberry. I'm still not thrilled with the shape as I wish it were more strawberry-like, fatter and shorter. But it is done and the twisted cording is attached and that little tag on the end. I really like the little tag but whipping together the over one backstitch is not easy.
Then I put backing on the pin heads. I tried a spider web rose, it looked awful. Then I tried doing lazy daisy stitches so it would look like a flower. I put a bead in the middle. Not as even as I would like but it is acceptable. Then I happen to have some off white ultrasuede. I used a button as my circle pattern to cut around and I used tiny little stitches to cover the messy back of those pins. Bingo. That was the best way to do it. I want to put just the tiniest bit of glue on the bows so they stay up on the pins. I haven't done that yet.
The hedebo stitched ring turned out fine. It took a few stitches before I got into the rhythm of the stitch so one side is just a bit neater than the other but I don't think anyone will notice.
Overall, I really like this project. The instructions need to be tweeked a bit. (Put the magnets in before you sew it all down. Duh. Don't make the bottom of the lid so snug. Include directions on attaching the lid to the body of the pouch.) Of course it would be so much easier if I did this again.
I worked just a bit on the Mary Beale photo album cover. I need to fix that baby's face. It looks like a zombie.
The sun is shining, it is a great day here.