I am very happy to tell you that the Evan banner is now totally finished and ready to send to California.
I took the easy route and stitch witcheried (I don't think they call it stitch witchery any more but whatever) the felt to the letters and then the letters to the ribbon. Easy peasey.
Here is where I am on Mend.
I have a bag of old buttons that I dug through. They buttons don't match but that is the charm of them.
The jury is still out on the safety pins. I like the silver thread but maybe they would be better done in a silvery gray floss.
I'm on the third tomato out of four. The sewing machine has two little rose decorations on it but the green isn't showing up. I need to fix this.
I bought a piece of furniture that I want to put in my sewing room. You know what that means. Something has to go and stuff needs to be cleaned up. The piece won't be here for a couple of weeks. That's how much time I have to make space for it. I found this afghan that I have had for twenty years - and it still isn't done!
Time for it to go to a new home. But it is unfinished. I could back it with some gauzey fabric. I'm thinking . . . .