Monday, March 27, 2017

Mermaid Berry

I got the Erica Michaels Mermaid Berry mostly all done.  I stitched it all then went back and changed the color of the mermaid's skin.  It was too light against the linen.


  The assembly was easy, you just cut it out adding 1/2 an inch for seam allowance around the berry pattern and then sew it together.  I gathered up the top.

 I kind of wish I'd made it tighter, but it will do.  All that is left is to put the top on.  I cut out a circle of blue felt and a smaller circle of cream ultrsuede that goes on top but I still have to sew them on.

 I think it turned out cute.  I wonder if I should put a twisted cord on the very top?  I don't see one on the model.

I was able to walk outside today.  It was a wonderful 50 degrees. The bathrooms are clean.  I am getting excited about Spring Fling. It is at the end of next week.  I have to think about packing.
I'm going out to lunch today, fun!
A

2 comments:

  1. The mermaid's skin looks much better since you've restitched that part in ... what color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute.
    I think it would look great with a twisted cord hanger on top.
    Have fun at lunch!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete