Saturday, August 30, 2014

White Horse

The Toy Chest back is done.  Yeah!

 Now on to the white horse side.  I got some of the structure done.

 I probably can't get it all done today but I can make good progress on it.

I have a peach pie to make today to celebrate DH's birthday.  I got some peaches at the Farmer's Market.  Let's hope it turns out.

There is something I want to make.  I saw it on this blog:  http://terryatkinson.typepad.com/atkinsondesigns/
It is a woven fabric bowl/box.
She tells how to do it.  You need interfacing and Heat and Bond stuff and a bunch of those pre-cut 2 1/2 inch fabric strips.  It looks easy.  So I got some of the interfacing recommended (Decor Bond) and some Heat and Bond at the fabric store.  Our Joann Store is being remodeled and it is a mess inside.  Add Saturday traffic to that, kind of a pain.  I hope to be at quilts shop next week so I'll look for fabric there.  Of course I have plenty of fabric hidden in my sewing room closet.  You can also do this box with an old map or even newspaper.
I just love to make stuff.
A

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your DH! Wow you are moving right along getting the box done. Beautiful progress! Funny you are looking for mini charm packs, I just got some in the mail today that I ordered from EBay! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.
    That bowl is really cute.
    Thanks for sharing the link.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete