Second, I am almost done with the thorax.
This is hard for me to stitch because I am scared of really messing this up and it is the dreaded buttonhole stitch. I only have one more round to go so I should just try it already.
Third, I have started the couching of the legs. If they are like the butterfly legs and have hedebo stitching all over them, this will be no problem.
I have to do the finger woven cord drawstring. I can do that, it will just take some time to make.
The face doesn't look like a problem either. It would be nice to pull all these pieces together. I want to finish the beetle this week.
I finished up "Chillin'" by Drawn Thread.
I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to put this together. I made some mistakes. But I think there is a mistake in the directions too. I played with it, trying out several different ways of putting it together. It looks like the model now but it was very frustrating when I was following the directions and things were not working out. It is a bit wrinkly. I need to iron it again. I regret not putting some interfacing in it. I still have not figured out where the beads go. But there you are, it is done.
The bathrooms are clean and I'm off to stitch.