It doesn't seem like I got much done yesterday. Although getting over the hump of worrying about the thorax was major. I plugged away on it and for better or worse, I finished it.
I still have to put fray check on the ends of the threads.
I wove one cord. It went pretty well. There are a couple of places it isn't quite right. I'm hoping that I just need the nicer parts of the cord. We'll see. I hope to weave the other cord today.
I got the legs all couched and started the hedebo around them. The beetle has little bumps near his feet that are picots. The picots look a lot like french knots with three wraps. So far, so good.
I cut out the beetle head and put holes in it. Easy. Then I sewed the eyes on. One eye is wonky so I'm going to take it off and try again. Once I get the eyes fixed I can sew it to the thorax.
I'm waiting for store websites to show what they got at the St. Charles market. I am also very curious as to the next part of Shepherd's Fold. I've seen some sweet accessories that I'd like. Jeannette Douglas has a very pretty tape measure that is shaped like an acorn but it is kind of pricey. I'll have to think about it or let the fates determine whether I run across one at the shops I'll visit later this year.
Maybe I can work on Lindy Mouse's house today too.