Thursday, July 31, 2014

Confessions

I confess that I am lazy.  I did a precursory search for the locket to finish my little pumpkin.  I didn't find it.  So I went to Hobby Lobby and bought another one.  How lazy is that?  I know I have one somewhere but I didn't want to spend the time and effort to find it.  Then the locket sat around for a couple days on the footstool of the happy chair.  Things are always falling off the footstool as I use it more as a table to keep things handy.  I happened to see the pumpkin I stitched on the floor, having fallen off the footstool.  So I decided to see if the locket would fit.  I think there are two sizes.  It would be like me to get the wrong size.
It works!  I still have to find some letters to spell "boo!".

Then when I was at Hobby Lobby, I got another little frame.

 It was very inexpensive, 1.99.  I have been looking for a long time for some sort of frame for my initial and a crown.  Cathe Ray of Needle in a Haystack makes frames for these and I admire her necklace.  So I saw one that was a rectangle and could possible fit.  I think it will work.

I have to figure out how I want to do this.  Maybe lace the stitching to a small piece of skirtex?  I'll have to check and see if a piece of skirtex sticks out too much or not.  Then should I tape it in?  I have to think about this.

I got the Toy Chest Primer pin cushion all done yesterday.
 I went to iron it and realized that I had forgotten to stitch around all the edges with pearl cotton.  DUH.  So I had to go back and do that first.  Now it is all finished.  Yeah!

 My Toy Chest toys so far:

I got a couple of kits that I ordered in April in the mail today.  Our mail is coming at unusual times.  It used to come around 3:30 in the afternoon.  Today he was here at ten in the morning.  He just trying to keep us on our toes.
A

2 comments: