Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lid and Borders

I finished up the Toy Box Button Box with it's lid.

 It turned out nicely.  I haven't done hinges like this before and they look good although I have to admit that hinge number two got cut off and restitched.


I went back and read the directions for the needlebook.  I think the skirtex goes in the lining instead of the linen on this one.  anyway, that is how I am doing it.  I can finish this today.  Would you believe I have more toys to stitch?  There is the scissors case and the pin cushion.  Not to mention the actual Toy Box.  But I am making progress.

I finished stitching the banner  over Hampton Court.  Love it.  Then I did one of the formal borders.  Easy.

  I am very encouraged as I feel like I am on the home stretch and can do the rest of the stitching without any trouble.  (Knock on wood!)  The formal border on the other side will hide (I hope) the skew-whiffness of the castle.  It's just a bit angled and shouldn't be.

There are metal threads and beads at the end of the formal borders.  I'd like to get that done today too.  I have to check the size of this and see how it fits the top of a casket.

I started the second page chart of the half doll.

 I have a design I stitched a while back that may be used to finish the tiny little Dutch half doll I have.  I'll have to read through the directions and see how they are finished.  I guess it won't hurt to try putting it together.

Sally of Salty Yarns has posted a photo of her finish of the Ladies Prim Society sampler.  I feel very guilty as I have that kit and haven't touched it.  My excuse it that I intend to change the colors but haven't decided what to go with yet.  So much to stitch and so little time!
A

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    The Hampton Court piece is turning out magnificently--looks like a challenge but you have mastered it!
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the tiny toys are amazing.
    I'm loving HC!
    Great progress on the doll too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete