I finished up the Toy Box Button Box with it's lid.
It turned out nicely. I haven't done hinges like this before and they look good although I have to admit that hinge number two got cut off and restitched.
I went back and read the directions for the needlebook. I think the skirtex goes in the lining instead of the linen on this one. anyway, that is how I am doing it. I can finish this today. Would you believe I have more toys to stitch? There is the scissors case and the pin cushion. Not to mention the actual Toy Box. But I am making progress.
I finished stitching the banner over Hampton Court. Love it. Then I did one of the formal borders. Easy.
I am very encouraged as I feel like I am on the home stretch and can do the rest of the stitching without any trouble. (Knock on wood!) The formal border on the other side will hide (I hope) the skew-whiffness of the castle. It's just a bit angled and shouldn't be.
There are metal threads and beads at the end of the formal borders. I'd like to get that done today too. I have to check the size of this and see how it fits the top of a casket.
I started the second page chart of the half doll.
I have a design I stitched a while back that may be used to finish the tiny little Dutch half doll I have. I'll have to read through the directions and see how they are finished. I guess it won't hurt to try putting it together.
Sally of Salty Yarns has posted a photo of her finish of the Ladies Prim Society sampler. I feel very guilty as I have that kit and haven't touched it. My excuse it that I intend to change the colors but haven't decided what to go with yet. So much to stitch and so little time!