Monday, July 21, 2014

Cuckoo and Chenille

I got the chenille rows in on Hampton Court.

I don't like the chenille because it is quite fragile and sheds a bit.  The next hillock is spirals made with metal threads surrounded by pieces of gold check. I have the felt padding on.  I'm a little afraid of messing this up but I need to just dive in.  I'm so close to getting this done.  I got this kit for Christmas so that's how long it's taken me to get to this point.

I was feeling guilty.  I have nearly 20 books on my Ipad and I just haven't gotten around to reading.  So I told myself that I would stop stitching and read for half an hour.  After reading for an hour, I didn't want to quit.  I am reading a very good book and I want to know what happens.  It is The Cuckoo's Calling. I'm half way through it.  I also have the next book in the series, The Silkworm.

I started the Toy Box pin cushion.  This is the top piece.

 I'd like to finish stitching the top today.  But that book is calling my name. . . .
A

2 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel. I love reading too. I make time for it, otherwise I never get to reading!

    ReplyDelete