Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Writing

I was very happy that I got most of the writing on the Hampton Court banner stitched.  I only have "a stitch or 2" left to go.  Now, I know that it is not easy to read.  For that matter it wasn't easy to stitch.  But I figure it is kind-of a design across the top.  And it didn't take me forever, I expected it to be really tedious.



I actually spent most of my time yesterday finishing the first page of the half doll chart.  I still have a few stitches to go.  I just wanted to work on something easy.

The internet is a wonderful thing.  You can find out information.  You can get inspired by what other people have done.  I found the maker of the fish pin cushion!  She's in California.  Maybe she'll give me enough info so I can stitch one too!  It could happen.  Don't you just love this?


According to her site, it is stitched on ultrasuede using 15/0 beads and a few gems.  I don't what 15/0 beads are but I can look it up.
A

2 comments:

  1. I love the fish too. And would love one! But would have to buy it. It's doubtful I could make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Amy

    what is the woman's site and does have anything other than the fish?
    dq

    ReplyDelete