Friday, July 25, 2014

A Few Spangles Away

I'm a few spangles away from being done with Hampton Court.

This last hillock was very challenging.  I put in the gold outlines trying to follow my pounced lines.  I didn't like how it looked so I decided to use the felt pattern to help me get the bumps in the just the right place.

  Then I had to couch the silk wrapped purl inside of the bumps.  That takes forever.

 Stumpwork is not my forte.  Anyway, I persevered and now all I have left to do is a few stars in the sky made with gold spangles.  I want to see what it looks like on top of my casket.
Does this mean I can start something new???

I was trying to remember what the other kit I got for Christmas was.  Oh yeah, the kit to Home Sweet Home.

Yes, I have to get back to that now that I have seen one all done. For now, I think I'll concentrate on finishing the Toy Box and the Summer Casket Keepsakes with a little half doll work thrown in for good measure.  I haven't cross stitched for a couple days and I miss it.
I can't believe it is Friday again already - don't I say that every week?
A



1 comment: