Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fishie!!

Mr. Mailman brought me some spangles yesterday!

 Now my little naked fishie is dressed in sparkly glory.

I love how he turned out.  I love how his tail sticks up.  He wasn't hard to do at all.  Every little step in the project I am afraid I will mess up but so far, so good.  I appreciate how fast Hedgehog Handiworks sent my order from L.A.  Next step on Hampton Court is the sun.  Let's hope I don't mess that up.

I finished up the needlebook front on the Toy Box and started the back.  The back is going slowly since it is almost all over 1.  ARGH.

I put everything down yesterday to get something done that has been hanging over my head and must be done in time for the wedding.  I'm making a ring bearer's pillow for Son#1's wedding.  I stitched this C.A. Wells picture frame a while back.

Yesterday I stitched the names on it using some Krenick #4 silver braid.  Now I need to make it into a pillow using silver lame fabric.

We'll see how that goes.  The lame is very stretchy so I may have to stitch it to some stabilizer (muslin) first.

The Farmer's Market was very busy today.  They still had some tart cherries so I got some while I could.  I hate pitting them but they make the best pies and crisps.
I should work on the front of the Toy Box but we'll see what I feel like.
A

4 comments:

  1. Hampton Court is turning out so cool, the fish looks great.
    Love the Acorns on the Toy Box piece, and the wedding pillow will look gorgeous with that fabric.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Marilyn said. I still don't know how you get so much done. I am stitching a piece that has a lot of specialty stitches on it and I am about to go nuts.

    Barbara on OKC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fish is fabulous! It is so much fun seeing all your progress on such challenging projects!

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fishie does look as though he is jumping out of the water.
    I can't wait to see the toy box all finished - you are so close now.
    AND, would you please share the pattern you have used to make the ring cushion for Son #1's wedding - it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete