Saturday, July 26, 2014

And Now For Something Different

Okay, here is the last photo of Hampton Court with it star spangles in place.

I put it on top of my double casket just to see how it looks.

 I think it will be perfect.  I want to start another side of the casket that will be a  mermaid from an old pattern of Nostalgic Needle.  Of course I have to find it first, although I'm pretty sure where it is.

So now what do I work on??  Something within reach of the happy chair.  I picked up a butterfly wing from Summer Casket Keepsakes.  I'm still on wing three (I think, it's been a while).

But the temptation to start something new was just overwhelming.  So I took a look at a few things that are sitting around the sewing room.  I took out the butterfly kit from Jenny Adin-Christie just to see what was the first thing that needs to be done on it.

 Padding with felt is first so I cut out the felt and started sewing it down.

Then I saw a Moss Creek kit I want to do.  Carpe Diem is a fish shaped etui.  So I checked what needs to be done first.  It is the backstitching around the edge.  So I did a few stitches.

Then I saw this sweet small from With Thy Needle & Thread.

 Do I have the colors I need?  Well, I had enough to get started.  It is stitched on 40 count.

 It went really fast.  So cute.  I have to find the pendant thing.  I have one around here somewhere.  Maybe I can put it together today.

I love starting something new.  I enjoyed started three new things.
A

5 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't show up twice, but don't know where the first one went. Anyway, I love the way your Hampton Court turned out -- great job. Can't wait to see what else you do with your casket. Do you have the whole thing designed/planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on Hampton Court! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HC is beautiful!
    Congrats on your finish.
    Oh, that Butterfly is going to be soooo pretty.
    The little pumpkin is too cute also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do beautiful work. Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on Hampton Court it is a show stopper:) Already it looks amazing on the casket you have displayed. Your butterfly is amazing too!
    I love seeing all your stitching. love Annette

    ReplyDelete