Then after reading a blog (The Unbroken Thread), I decided to do the basket on Flowers of the Needle in a different way. The couching wasn't looking like I wanted it to anyway. So I got out the tape measure tape and cut off a couple pieces, one for the top and one for the bottom of the basket. That way I could make the lines even and parallel. It worked out great but a line I put in at the top wasn't even so I took it all out again so I could put the line in better and straighter.
Then I worked a bit on the Crest. I love how this is looking.
I stitched as much as I could and have it fit on the small box. But the style doesn't match very well. So then I thought of putting it on another box. I have one of those paper mache boxes that would fit it nicely and I could put more of the green vines around it.
I'd really like to have a small wooden box though. I'll have to see what Michael's and Hobby Lobby has in wood.
I started two things. I put some stitches in the bug.
I much prefer cross stitch to embroidery. Then I started on of the circle designs. I am using the leftover threads from stitching the original design.
I started on 32 count with two strands but it seem too heavy. So I took it out and am going with one.
We'll see how things go.