I have been laboring this Labor Day. The bathrooms are clean. Yeah! Now I can move on to other things. I am getting ready for the Sue Spargo class next Sunday so I picked out some threads and started goofing around with them and my bird. I am learning what threads are easier to work with. At first I stitched a design on the spine of the needlebook with some overdyed pearl cottons.
That was hard to get them through the felt, especially several layers of felt. Then I did some buttonhole stitch around the bird. I thought it would stand out more than it does.
Another thing learned, go brighter more bold as the color goes in milder than it looks in the skein. Then I tried some Wildflowers thread by Caron. Nice, easy to work with. I'm going to try putting on some beads and buttons and try the fly stitch on some leaves. I also want to try the cast on stitch on the bird wing.
I am filling in some of the flower I drew on 40 count. I did the stem in chain stitch and covered up where I strayed onto the next thread. Then I tried some long and short stitch on the green thingie under the flower part.
Now I am ready to take on the flower but I have to decide on the color of floss. It will either be a blue or pink or light purple.
I've been looking as the mess on my sewing room floor and I decided I need to finish some stuff off so I can get rid of the mess. I also need to put some stuff away. (Story of my life!)
I am up to Chapter 6 in my book, The Light Between Oceans.
Have a great Labor Day!