Saturday, September 22, 2012

Drought Broken on all Stations

It is raining like crazy here.  There is even some hail.  We really need the rain so I can't complain.  Luckily the rain held off while I was at the Farmer's Market.  I got all the stuff to make fresh tomato soup.  That's my project for today - besides stitching that is.


I worked on Flowers of the Needle Never Fade until I hit a difficult spot.  I was trying to couch the thread for the basket.  It wasn't going where I wanted it to go so I went looking for something else to work on.  I started digging in the laundry basket of shame and found a kit that I got two years ago.  I got it from an estate sale.  It is a project by C A Wells that was in Fine Lines Magazine.

 All the pieces are in the kit so I started it.  I had to start it three times just to get it in the right place and to learn to read the chart correctly. It is worked on linen banding. But once I got started correctly I was on a roll.  It looks huge after working on 40 count.  I got to practice some hedebo stitches.  Now I am stitching the rose.
I am waiting for the Bay of Evil kit to come up - 15 minutes!!!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment