Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Drought Broken on all Stations

It is raining like crazy here.  There is even some hail.  We really need the rain so I can't complain.  Luckily the rain held off while I was at the Farmer's Market.  I got all the stuff to make fresh tomato soup.  That's my project for today - besides stitching that is.


I worked on Flowers of the Needle Never Fade until I hit a difficult spot.  I was trying to couch the thread for the basket.  It wasn't going where I wanted it to go so I went looking for something else to work on.  I started digging in the laundry basket of shame and found a kit that I got two years ago.  I got it from an estate sale.  It is a project by C A Wells that was in Fine Lines Magazine.

 All the pieces are in the kit so I started it.  I had to start it three times just to get it in the right place and to learn to read the chart correctly. It is worked on linen banding. But once I got started correctly I was on a roll.  It looks huge after working on 40 count.  I got to practice some hedebo stitches.  Now I am stitching the rose.
I am waiting for the Bay of Evil kit to come up - 15 minutes!!!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment