The bag had some umph to it. It stood up by itself. I found out that the stuff they use inside it is called Soft and Stable. It is much stiffer than batting and more polyester- foam like. The lining was quilted to the Soft and Stable. I got little blue fishy fabric for the lining.
I went looking at my local fabric store to see if I could find some Soft and Stable and the bag pattern that is called "Chubby Charmer". I found "Mini-Charmer" and I found some black Soft and Stable in a smaller size than I need. I still have a couple more places I can check and the Quilt Shop has ordered more Soft and Stable and Chubby Charmer patterns.
Then I was thinking about how to finish the oilcloth bag I sewed together last week. I went back and read the directions (always a good idea) and thought about putting some batting in the bag to give it more body. I decided to use some iron on batting. I also looked to see if I had some plexiglass to cut a square to fit in the bottom. I added plexiglass to the bottom and ironed on batting to the lining. It is almost finished. I just have to sew the lining and outside together and attach the handles. I want to use this bag for going to the Farmer's Market on Saturdays.
My goal for today is to clean off the extra bed in the computer room. Every flat surface in this house is in danger of me piling junk on it. It is a constant battle to keep things looking tidy. The bed has stuff on it that has been there for over a year.
Enough is enough! I am going to clean it up today!!!