Thursday, September 20, 2012

F is for Flowers

I finished the top for the small box.  I am delighted with it.

I think filling in the background below where the man and lady are standing gives it a nice base.  Here is a picture of the top showing that I have just folded it and set it on the top.

I hesitate to cut off the extra linen yet.  I have more ideas for the other sides of the box.  But I must finish up some things that are languishing on my sewing room floor.

What to do next?  I worked just a bit on the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit.  I finished one page of the chart and am just starting the second page.  I have to find that red thread.  It isn't where I thought it was.  So I am still looking.

But wait a minute... As I was walking out to get my newspaper this morning, I spied a package at my front door.  It must have been there since yesterday.  Oh, oh, oh,  it is the Flowers of the Needle kit I ordered.  Yeah!  I opened it up and found a stitching frame with the traced and basted design on it.

Cool.  There is a CD also but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  I couldn't help it, I started it already.

  There is some conspiracy to get me to stitch on 40 count.  This is another project on 40 count linen.  Thank goodness for magnification.
I'm going to put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door and just work all day.  What fun!
A

2 comments:

  1. That box top looks splendid. You can rightly feel very proud of yourself. Did you keep a count of the hours it took you? And, final question, what are you going to put around the sides?? Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top for the small box is BEAUTIFUL! Also I'm wondering where & when you got the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit? It's so pretty...

    ReplyDelete