Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Thursday, September 27, 2012

From the Boots Up

I reached my goal yesterday.  I got the last bit done for the package.  Just the putting together and sending left to do. Then I can cross that off my list.

I finished the the rose on the Double Pocket.  It looks a lot more delicate than the over two rose.

I am still not sure whether I must take out the first "v" that I put in.  Now I have to study the directions to see what to do next.

I put in some more vines and a pomegranate on the crest.  I like how this looks.  Now to find a worthy box to put it on.

Then I started the sides for the small box.  It is going well.  I am getting used to 40 count.

The retreat person wanted to know if we want to substitute 36 count linen in our kits for the retreat.  I told her I did.  It sort of feels like deceptive advertising. When I signed up for this project, it was described as on 36 - which was a stretch but I thought I could handle it.  I bet other people feel the same way.

I wrapped the temari ball to just barely the correct size and now I can start the guidelines.  Since it has been a while since I started all this, I forget just how to do those lines.  So I have to go back and read what  I should do.  But I'm glad to have made some progress.

I also read a bit in my book.  I want to read a little bit everyday but it seems I never get around to it.  I always run out of time.  At 11 p.m., I say to myself, "Well, I guess I have to quit."  I am so lucky to get to do what I want.
A

1 comment:

  1. Yep, the rose over one looks better doesn't it!
    Your "new side for the box" looks great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with none of the "liquid sunshine" that we are promised.

    ReplyDelete